|March Newsletter and Calendar
Below you will find links to our March Newsletter and Calendar:
Registration is now open for the 2017/2018 School Year!
Parents are able to register their students for the 2017/2018 school year through the Austin ISD Parent Cloud. All new and returning students must register annually and provide proof of residence. We are very close in some grade levels of needing to hire another teacher, completing registration early will ensure that appropriate staffing decisions can be made as soon as possible. Please see the attached for more information.
Last Chance Yearbook Sales
The last chance to pre-order yearbooks is from February 20th through March 3rd. The cost is $35.00 Please send in cash or check made payable to Inter-state Studio in an envelope with your child's name, teacher name and 'yearbook' written on the envelope. You may also purchase online at www.inter-state.com/yearbook. Enter code 15055V. We will order extra for sale at the end of the year on a first come, first served basis for $40.
2016/2017 Baranoff Summer School
ATTENTION ALL PARENTS AND STUDENTS: BARANOFF WILL HAVE SUMMER SCHOOL THIS SUMMER!
When: June 5-June 23 (Monday-Friday)
Be on the lookout for registration information after Spring Break.
Please contact Ms. Sanchez, Assistant Principal, if you have any questions. 512-841-7107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In an effort to continue to promote higher education, Baranoff will highlight career awareness activities March 6-10. Our big focus is with our 5th graders who will participate in Career Day on Friday, the 10th. Please see the attached for career week activities.
Lost and Found
Please have your child check the lost and found for any lost items. All unclaimed items will be donated to Goodwill on Friday, March 10th.
Please obey all No Parking signs and refrain from parking in resident driveways during drop off and pick up times.
Support Austin Ed Fund’s participation in Amplify Austin, our community’s 24-hour online day of giving on March 2-3, 2017. All gifts benefit AISD teachers and students and support Austin Ed Fund’s Innovation Grants Program, Student Opportunity Fund and the district’s social and emotional learning initiative.
YMCA Spring Break Camp
Rain or Shine, get ready to have a great time at our 5-day Funcast Spring Break Camp. This week we will be exploring a variety of different activities around the weather. Every day is something NEW and FUN! So come prepared for a brand new day EVERY DAY!
TGA Premier Golf and Tennis
TGA brings the golf course and tennis court to you, making it convenient and affordable to learn and play the sports in a fun and safe environment. Classes at Baranoff for golf begin 3/28/2017 and go through 5/23/2017. Tennis classes begin 3/29/2017 and run through 5/24/2017.
Explore the world of cartooning this spring with Young Rembrandts. Classes will be held Thursdays, March 30-May 18. 3pm-4pm.
Baranoff PTA Spring Carnival
Carnival Raffle Time is here!! Please watch your child's Thursday folder for your white envelope with tickets. Below are the raffle prizes this year:
- Chrome Notebook 11.5" Screen - Donated by the Bara Team @Realty Austin
- Echo - black hands free speaker
- XBoxOne S 500GB Console - Minecraft Bundle
- Ninja Coffee Bar Thermal Carafe System - stainless carafe
- Yeti Hopper 30
$5 per ticket or $20 per bundle of 5.
Wanted: Silent Auction Donations
The PTA is planning our annual Silent Auction to be held at the Spring Carnival on April 1st. We need your help gathering donations. Here is how you can help:
- Do you own your own small business? Do your neighbors have their own business? Donating to the auction is a great way to get your name/service/business out to the Baranoff community. Ideas include personal trainers, photographers, hairdressers, artists, tutors.
- Do you have season tickets to a sports event and you don't plan to use them all? Why let your seats go empty for a game? Donating your tickets is a great way to help Baranoff...and get fans to cheer on your team!
- Know a parent with their own direct selling business? Donating some products is a great way to advertise.
- Ask your place of business if they would like to donate a larger item, such as a weekend getaway, or airline tickets.
Baranoff Spring Carnival will be held on Saturday, April 1st. Please email email@example.com.
- Monday, March 6th - 3rd & 4th grade math benchmark testing
- Wednesday, March 8th - 3rd & 4th grade reading benchmark testing
- Friday, March 9th - 5th grade Career Day